Re: [OM] OM-4, Moon, Impressed!

Subject: Re: [OM] OM-4, Moon, Impressed!
From: "Dirk and Carla Wright" <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 24 Dec 1999 09:33:41 +0000
 I had recently acquired a 500mm (non-cat,
>non-OM) lens and noticed yesterday when I trained it upon the moon, that
>the moon filled the circle of the split-image of my 1-3 screen.

yeah, that was my experience with my wife's 600mm cat on her nikon.

>  I fired off a few shots using the self-timer and the sunny 16 rule
>(and bracketed of course) on Kodak Technical Pan (at ISO25).

I used tmax 400 pushed to 1600, and I was very surprised at the very short
exposure times in the nikon. using the same film in my om2, with 300mm lens
yielded much longer exposures, no doubt because the moon was much smaller in
that view. I then put the 18mm on and did some "houses with moon" shots,
also longish exposures. I trust the auto metering in this camera very much
and hope I can get a om4t someday.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright