RE: [OM] Oly telezoom compact problems? [was: Olympus Retro-zoom]

Subject: RE: [OM] Oly telezoom compact problems? [was: Olympus Retro-zoom]
From: "Per Nordenberg" <per.nordenberg@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 23 Dec 1999 12:40:12 +0100
----- Original Message -----
From: <sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To: <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Sent: Wednesday, December 15, 1999 4:05 PM
Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Retro-zoom

> lmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx wrote:
>
> >  Has anyone got experience using this model?  I saw one or two
> >  reviews that cited a problem with rewinding film after about a year.
>
> I don't know about this specific problem, but someone warned me recently
> that many tele-zoom compacts, particularly Oly, necessitated repair sooner
> than one might normally expect.  They're a nightmare to work on too.
Fixed
> lens compacts do not suffer so badly.
>
> Simon E.

Maybe this is yet another reason to choose an Oly iS ZLR camera before one
of the usual telezoom compacts. At least I'm not aware of any problems on
the later iS models. Seen over a five year period the price of a Mju
telezoom compact plus the expected repair cost would probably be higher than
the price of an iS-30(0) without repair.

Per Nordenberg
Zoo keeper at Kolmården

--
To look into the eyes of the wolf is to look into ones' soul.