Re: [OM] Olympus Retro-zoom

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus Retro-zoom
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 12:19:27 EST
Cc: lmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
In a message dated 12/13/99 11:49:02 AM Eastern Standard Time,
lmarek@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> Hi,
>  I'm new to the list and basically looking for some information on a
>  new Olympus Camera I just saw advertised in a magazine.
>  Its called "Olympus Retro-Zoom" in that magazine, and is
>  supposed to be covered in a leather like body either burgandy or
>  olive green, no case needed with a --- 105 mm lens - (I think I have
>  that right, the ad is not in front of me)  It is hyped as looking like
>  the "great camera's of the past".  It's basically a point and shoot
>  camera.
>  Has anyone got experience using this model?  I saw one or two
>  reviews that cited a problem with rewinding film after about a year.

Laura,

Welcome to the list! I think the camera you are reffering to is the LT-Zoom
105 DLX. There is a picture and a lot of information on Oly's web site:

http://www.olympusamerica.com/product.asp?c=11&p=11&s=12&product=181

You are right, it is just a point-and-shoot camera. I'm not aware of any
specific problems with this model in regards to winding film. I did some
searching on Deja.com, but didn't find much.

I hope this helps, at least a little.

Paul Schings