RE: [OM] What's the best zoom?

Subject: RE: [OM] What's the best zoom?
From: Ken Norton <image66@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 21 Dec 1999 18:54:50 -0600
Dave wrote:
>Are these Tokinas still available?  If not, wanna sell yours?

Anything can be gotten for a price.  Do you have a 90/2 to trade?  <g>

Hmm. I have seen one or two pass through Ebay in different mounts this year.

Oh, I believe that the AT-X 28-80/macro is actually about the same lens,
only the 35-70 was limited to the best performance range.  At least that
was the story that Tokina was saying at the time this lens became
available.  The 28-80 does do very well in the 35-70 range but falls down
at the extremes.  The 28-80 is running around $75-150 and the 35-70 is much
more.

The Tokina was the only lens I've ever come across that I felt was good
enough and important enough to purchase brand new.  I have never regretted
that decision.  This lens has earned it's keep.  It is a fingertip focuser
and extremely easy/fast to focus, but the filter also turns, so using
polorizers, cokins or matte boxes is a pain.

Ken Norton