RE: [OM] Zuikoholism and Christmas

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuikoholism and Christmas
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 11:08:27 +0100
Hi,

> I just got myself a very nice gift for Christmas: a 180 mm/2.

Congratulations! That must be one of Zuiko's finest lenses.

> I got the lens for 8000 DKK (c. 1100 $)

That sounds like a very good price, especially since the lens has hardly
been used! I think the 180/2.8 normally sells for some $700 (2nd handed), so
you did very well to find the F2 variant for only $400 more.

> The only problem with this purchase is that there is no money left for
> presents for my family ;-)

Ah, who cares! When the Zuiko-hunger needs to be fed, you may even have to
resort to living on water and bread for a month. It'll be worth it ;)))

> BTW, does any Olympus literature have information about this lens?

Have you contacted Giles about this? He may have some literature about this
lens, but even if he doesn't he should be able to give some opinions etc. as
this is one of his favourite lenses.

Enjoy!
Olafo