[OM] Seasons greetings and temporary farewell

Subject: [OM] Seasons greetings and temporary farewell
From: Dylan Sutton <dsut4392@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 22 Dec 1999 15:18:26 +1100
Before I make my getaway, I'd like to wish everyone on the list a Merry
Christmas and Happy new year.
I'm going to be away for the next few weeks, and I'll be uns*ubscribing
from the list for a while so my mailbox doesn't overflow.
My bags are packed, and I'm off to Vietnam tomorrow afternoon for three
weeks of well deserved rest before I come back and finish writing my
thesis. For once I'm a little less constrained by baggage (I normally go
hiking or climbing), so I'm being accompanied by my OM1, tamron 24/f2.5,
Zuiko 50/f1.8, tokina 100-300/f5.6, Zuiko 500/f8, 2X teleconverter,
extension tubes, T20 flash and Slik compact tripod. My partners system (my
backup;-) consists of OM1, Zuiko 35-70/f4 and Sigma 70-210/f3.4-4.5.  I've
got myself 8 rolls of E100VS, 2 of T400CN, and a few Tmax 100 - Hmm, 13
rolls for 3 weeks...maybe I should pick up some more film duty free;-) Of
course, I'll check out all the camera stores in Hanoi for OM bargains;-)
I'll be joining you again on my return, and will maybe even get around to
putting some images from this and other adventures online. At the very
least I'll try to get an ADITL3 entry in, but expect the Millenium theme
will be hard to follow because a) they don't celebrate New Year at the end
of december and b) the millenium doesn't end for another year!
Thanks to everyone for making the list an interesting and useful place.
Dylan