Re: [OM]High speed films and slow glass

Subject: Re: [OM]High speed films and slow glass
From: Richard Schaetzl <Richard.Schaetzl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 19 Dec 1999 22:09:21 +0100
Phillip Franklin schrieb:

> I would try the new Kodak E200 and push process to
> EI 1000 or P3.  According to Kodak there will be no loss of quality (or
> graininess) if properly done by a good push process E6 lab.

Ha big words of Kodak. I haven´t used E200 at EI 1000, but push
proccesing always reduce image quality. Grain will not grow that much,
but blacks will be less black and colors are less vivid.

I would shoot a testfilm first, before you use it in a once in a
lifetime shoot. You should also consider Kodaks and Fujis 1600 ASA
films.

> If you don't we will have to
> wait a 1000 years to get the next chance.

The century ends on Dec. 31 2000, plenty time to test.

Happy new year.

Regards

Richard