Re: [OM] the future of turntables

Subject: Re: [OM] the future of turntables
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sat, 18 Dec 1999 10:44:09 EST
In a message dated 12/17/1999 8:45:46 PM EST, denton@xxxxxxxx writes:

> Any high-end audio salon is full of turntables. In fact I brought a new
>  Basis turntable about a year ago.

Denton,
Now that I DON'T need one, I seem to be seeing them in many more places than
I did the 8 or 10 years ago that I was looking. Could they be getting MORE
available due to some resurgence? Or, maybe, 10 years ago would coincide with
the widespread availability of CDs, and stores just abandoned the turntable
all at once at that time, only to realize later that they should stock one or
two anyway. ?

George S.