Re: [OM] the future of OM

Subject: Re: [OM] the future of OM
From: sje@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 20:08:26 +0000
BBB wrote:

>Will your OM-1 be the camera equivalent of the Fender Tweed Bassman
>in another decade? No way to tell. But I wouldn't rule it out.

It depends on the subsequent technology. If AF and its attendant benefits
(or features) don't provide what the discerning user really wants, then OM
will become more desirable.  There's a market for cheap-n-nasty practice
amps in the guitar world as well, but the two co-exist.

The OM-1 is already a classic, there are many favourable references to it
both on the 'net and in print. IMHO it all boils down to the use you have
for it. If it is a better tool for the job (eg astrophotography) than an AF
wonderbrick, then it will be considered better in that context. If it suits
you, then use it and be happy.

Simon E.