[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1297

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1297
From: Doug Cooper <visigoth@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 16 Dec 1999 01:30:23 -0500 (EST)
Cc: olympus-digest@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

Anybody else here use the 50/3.5 macro primarily as a portrait lens?  I've
been getting great results, sometimes very, very close.

Finally received the Tamron SP 90 -- came with the proper OM mount, so it
won't damage my OM4t -- and I plan to do some experimenting with that:
seems even more of a natural, in terms of a macro lens suitable for
portraits.  (And I've ordered the Tamron 2x converter, which is supposed
to be pretty fine.)

I spent some time fondling a Leica M3 today, and I must confess:  I didn't
have the same lust for it that I would have felt before investing in
Olympus stuff.  Especially now that I know the Zuiko 50/2 outperforms the
Summicron.  And I'd never really noticed before how the M3 is heavier and
larger than my OM4t.

Doug Cooper