Re: [OM] New Gallery (beta!)

Subject: Re: [OM] New Gallery (beta!)
From: "earthlink" <catsmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 15 Dec 1999 11:26:56 -0800
Hi shawn,
I gandered over your website a little, and found the front page to be just
fine. When I click over to your subpages, I find the main content frame to
be too wide. The amount of overwidth was different on the two pages I looked
at. Your navigation frame seems to be the right size. I have IE5, and find
that most websites with frames are correct size, on my monitor.
I know how important this is, it took me a year of running my own website to
realize that there is so many different browsers, browser settings, and
graphics cards and settings. I find that webpage designers typically
undersize their frame widths just for this reason. It may look too skinny on
your system, but generally it is better for it to look too skinny on some
systems than oversize on others.
When a person has to move the frame around with a mouse just to read each
line of text, the person may instead decide to move on rather than put up
with this.
On my own webpage I undersize my jpgs about 100 pixels, and I am sure that
probably is still not enough for some.
You might try undersizing your main content frame by 100 to 150 and see if
that is better.

Catmaster