[OM] Zoom Zuiko Sighted

Subject: [OM] Zoom Zuiko Sighted
From: WKato@xxxxxxx
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 23:37:45 EST
At an El Toro camera store I saw the following:

Zuiko 65-200 $150
Zuiko 135/2.8 $89
Zuiko  24/2.8 $125

As the store was closing, I didn't have time to inspect them but the 24mm
looked trashed from the side.  I NEED a 135 to replace the Haminex 135/2.8 in
my collection so I will have first dibs on it.  Why, I don't know and don't
ask me because I never use the 135mm focal length.

Please contact me off-line if interested. There'll be tax + shipping + a
small finders fee for me.

I also have a spare 200/4 genuine Oly case that I put back together with
Pliobond a little sloppily.  $5 + shipping??

I also have two extra 50/3.5 macros.  The first, which is well used and
pretty trashed, I'm keeping.  It's given me fine photos.  I really haven't
had the chance to test the other two.  SN 231045 is in pretty good condition
with only some brassing on the points of the knurling on the aperture ring,
The filter rim is also abraded some as the previous owner eschewed filters I
guess.  This is my only Oly that goes without filters. Front and back caps
included.  It appears to be multicoated and the glass looks perfect.  $125 +
shipping and MBG.

The second one "SN 187545 Zuiko MC" is in even better shape except for some
engraving "RYDZESKI 14589682" on the bottom of the lens mounting ring.  There
is no visible brassing on the aperture or filter ring.  The glass appears to
be perfect.  This comes with genuine Oly hard case and front and back caps.
$150 + shipping and MBG.

For a really interesting lens, I have owned this Vivitar Series 1
100-500/5.6-8 zoom since it was new. It's very good at the 100 end and tails
off at 500 like all long zooms. There are shallow scratches on the exterior
but the glass is perfect. Tripod mount included.  I have the original box and
hard case.  67mm filters.  It cost me $479 but $275 sounds good now +
shipping and MBG.

Of, course, please contact me off line.

Warren

PS I also have a 35 shift with hard case and 1-10 screen to match.  If
interestested, please contact me to discuss.

PPS: Time to gloat.  My aunt said she had this old camera and would I like to
have it seeing that I'm so interested in photography (secret equipment junkie
really).  She brought out a Nikon SP with titanium shutter, a Zunow 50/1.1,
28/3.5, 35/2.8, 105/.25 and 135/3.5 and gave it to me.  She's a rich aunt so
I didn't complain.
.