Re: [OM] Wide angle lenses & vignetting

Subject: Re: [OM] Wide angle lenses & vignetting
From: "Tom Trottier" <tom@xxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 14 Dec 1999 01:16:53 -0500
On 3 Dec 99, at 8:59, Dave Bulger spoke about "[OM] Wide angle lenses &
vignetting," saying

> If I throw away the lens shade, buy a 72mm polarizer and use a step-
up
> ring, will the 19mm vignette?  I got a cheap 72mm polarizer from the
> OlympusGuy for my 300 that isn't marked as to linear or circular, but for
> the price I've got to assume it's linear.  Is there any way to check short
> of underexposing film?

Sure. A "circular" polariser consists of a polariser and depolariser
sandwiched, depolariser toward the camera.

Look thru the camera end towards a shiny non-metallic object, rotate,
and the reflections wax and wane. Look thru the other side and there
is no change.
Tom
From:Tom Trottier, 400 Slater St. Suite 415,Ottawa ON Canada K1R 7S7
    __o   <Tom@xxxxxx>    (or <TomTrottier@xxxxxxxxxxx> if problems)
  _ \<    Voice: +1 613 291-1168  fax: 594-5412       No ads, please
(*)/'(*)  "Make it as simple as possible, but no simpler" - Einstein