RE: [OM] Greenish viewfinder image - is this unusual?

Subject: RE: [OM] Greenish viewfinder image - is this unusual?
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 13 Dec 1999 23:09:17 -0600
>   I've had 4 PCs that had normal-looking screens, but it just so happens
> that one of the two I presently own does have the greenish cast...and
> there seems to be a darkening of the screen (NOT the image, it happens
> indoors, with the light source at my back)  when turning a polarizer...
> I'll look at it later and check the mirror for haze. It seems to work
> perfectly well, though.

Same happens with mine. Rotating a polarizer causes the green to become much
more pronounced. Whats also interesting is that the green is most apparent
in the lower half of the viewfinder. And, peeking through the gap under the
mirror, the light hitting the secondary mirror has a reddish cast.

May be a result of a cheaper or defective silvering process for the main
mirror of many OM-PCs - oxidation of the silvering might have something to
do with it.

Chip Stratton
cstrat@xxxxxxxxx

Very odd behavior!