Re: [OM] Greenish viewfinder image - is this unusual?

Subject: Re: [OM] Greenish viewfinder image - is this unusual?
From: "Glenn Garza" <glenngarza@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 12 Dec 1999 08:16:11 -0500
-----Original Message-----
From: Chip Stratton <cstrat@xxxxxxxxxx>
To: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx <olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Friday, December 10, 1999 8:07 PM
Subject: [OM] Greenish viewfinder image - is this unusual?

>I've recently acquired an OM-PC which is very nice in every respect, except
>that the viewfinder image has a definite greenish cast. [SNIP]>
>Has anyone encountered this phenomenon in the OM-PC or other SLRs? Is it an
>aging thing? (the camera, not my eyes!) I wonder if replacing the mirror
>with a new one from Olympus would be a practical DIY project.
>
>Thanks,
>Chip Stratton

I bought an OMPC when they first came out as my first SLR. One of my friends
was a professional using Nikon. He offered to loan me his equipment when he
was not using it. I decided to take him up on his offer and that is when I
noticed a difference. The Olympus setup had a slight green cast that I
attributed to the lens coatings. Maybe it was not the lenses because the
cast was never evident in the resultant slides. There were differences
between the two to be sure, but a green color cast was not one of them.

Glenn Garza