[OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1289

Subject: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1289
From: Joseph <joseph@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 11 Dec 1999 05:14:07 -0800 (PST)
>Not true for reasons detailed above.  What 65-200 were you using Joseph?

I sold the 65-200/4 several years ago and was using a  135/2.8 and 200/4
after that, then replaced those with the Vivitar zoom.  sorry for the
faulty memory on the direction of the movement of the zoom.  As I said,
I considered the 65-200/4 to be a fine lens.

>Oh, one more point.  I owned a Vivitar 70-210 zoom.  It literally fell
>apart in my hands one day. (Bring a spare, Joseph).

I could believe that if it was the latest version, 70-210/2.8-4.
But the classic Vivitar series 1 lenses are, if anything
overdesigned for ruggedness at the expense of being to heavy.
both the original 70-210/3.5 with 67mm filters (you'd be hard pressed
to find a more rugged lens than this from anyone, anywhere) and
the 70-210/3.5 with 62mm filter threads feel more rugged than any
zuiko zoom I've seen.

I really didn't mean for this to get into a debate about these
two lenses as I consider both to be quite good, as I said
in the original posting.

Joseph