Re: RE: [OM] Service turn-around blues

Subject: Re: RE: [OM] Service turn-around blues
From: Tmoynihan@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 6 Dec 1999 23:08:16 EST
I am in Dallas, and so have used Photosphere before, although not John H. yet
(I keep HOPING for something to break, so I can send it to Camden, NY!).  My
experience mirrors yours as far as length of time--the locals don't get any
break that way.  Once when I asked why so long, they candidly told me that,
since they are an Oly warranty repair station, they handle all warranty work
first, even that that comes in after your out-of-warranty item is left for
service.  This IS good for people sending warranty work in--it's generally
turned around in a couple of weeks or less.  And if you know ahead of time
that it'll be a while, it's not so bad.  But I sure did start to miss my
21/3.5 after it had been gone for five weeks!  (But it came back great.)  As
always, YMMV.

Regards,

Tom Moynihan