Re: [OM] TTL connector

Subject: Re: [OM] TTL connector
From: Mike Butler <abutler@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sat, 04 Dec 1999 11:44:33 -0800
snip
>Does anyone know  where to get the 5 pin ttl connectors?
snip
Catmaster,
        I have also looked around.  Lemo is willing to create them if there is
a guaranteed minimum order (if you have to ask what the minimum order is
you can't afford it).  Hovever I have found the high density D-sub
contacts are the right size to mate with the pins on my flash and
camera.  So I am in the process of tring to machine a ABS holder that
will fit snugly and hold the contacts.  Machining is not a viable
production process but maybe I can build a mold and injection mold a
batch of them if there is enough interest.  Either way I can  e-mail you
the drawing.  My guess is it will have to wait until after the holidays.
        Somebody on the list mentioned that only four pins are used and phone
cord makes a suitable cable (cheap too).  The contacts are availible as
part of a d-sub kit at Shadio Rack, just make sure to use the High
density type.  We can take this off list if it gets too boring for the
rest of the list.

--
Mike Butler
Chief Mechanic / Engineer