RE: [OM] Zuiko 65-200 Arrives!!

Subject: RE: [OM] Zuiko 65-200 Arrives!!
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 2 Dec 1999 11:46:11 +0100
Hi,

> I am happy with my purchase,

Congratulations! Having owned one of those for slightly over a year now, I
can say that you won't regret your purchase...

> even though the lens is not as  perfect as I had hoped for. The main
> barrel of the lens, aperture ring, focusing rubberized ring, and lettering
> look like brand new. The glass is perfect with a green tint.

Well, to me those are about the "only" parts of the lens of which it's
important that they're in as good a shape as possible (with an exception of
the lettering, which is virtually unimportant to me).

> The only flaw occurs on the lens shade. The shade has a tiny ding with a
> few paint chips.

So does mine, and it doesn't bother me at all. I'm a user, not a collector.
Several of my lenses show this type of cosmetic wear and they all still take
perfect pictures.

> The Passed sticker looks like brand new. I could cover the ding with the
> Passed sticker

Hmmm, be careful, who knows what's already hidden under that sticker...;)

> I can't wait to shoot  through this lens to see how sharp it is.

Razor sharp (and it has very nice contrast), trust me, you'll love it!

> In the past month, I've bought a OM-1 with 135 f/3.5, a 28mm f/3.5, a
> 50mm f/1.4, and a 65-200 zoom. My Zuiko lens collection is beginning to
> grow while my wallet continues to shrink.

Aaaaah, the virtues of zuikoholism. There's no way back for you now, you
know you will just have to give in to the urge for more, more, MORE...

Heh, it's good that it hasn't been so long ago since my last fix (the T28
Macro Twin Flash), otherwise, I'd have to sacrifice my end-of-the-year
bonus...:)
Hmmm, maybe I still do...

Cheers!
Olafo