Re: [OM] Straps, was Just got my OM2

Subject: Re: [OM] Straps, was Just got my OM2
From: Pauls0627@xxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 1 Dec 1999 09:29:35 EST
In a message dated 12/1/99 9:07:42 AM Eastern Standard Time,
wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx writes:

> I looked at those, but they are too bulky for me. plus they have a
>  "springyness" to them that I don't like. The Domke one is canvas with
>  rubber band materail sewn into one side of the strap, plus it has
>  swivel connectors on both ends.

I like the Tamrac quick release straps. I find them comfortable and
convenient. At first I thought the little "pigtails" that stay attached to
the camera would get in the way, but I find they make it easy to grab a
camera quickly when it is packed into my  (way too full) bag without worrying
about accidentally hitting something I am not supposed to (shutter release,
eyepiece, etc..).

Siddiq mentioned he doesn't use a strap at all on his OM-1. I agree that
there are many times I'd rather not have a neck strap, especially if I am
shooting frequently or even continuously. What I really like to do in those
situations is to mount a winder and use a grip strap. The camera is very
secure on my hand this way, and the camera is always ready.

Paul Schings