Re: [OM] Scanning Res for Web

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanning Res for Web
From: "C.H.Ling" <pling@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 30 Nov 1999 22:10:20 +0800
Denton, you are not alone, I have a quite fast LS2000. But I will only scan at
1350dpi then scale down to the size I need for web use. I don't see any
different to scale down a file to 600x400 from 1350dpi or 2700dpi. But scanning
at a too low resolution (e.g. 600dpi) will sure create poor result for many
scanners. I have the Nikon LS10 that is very slow, I tried to scan the picture
at exactly the resolution I wanted for web use just provided me very bad
quality.

C.H.Ling