Re: [OM] coatings

Subject: Re: [OM] coatings
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Fri, 26 Nov 1999 10:23:34 EST
In a message dated 11/26/99 9:26:41 AM Eastern Standard Time,
angel.lobo@xxxxxxxxxx writes:

>  My 35mm f2 "Zuiko" has not the same colour reflexions
>  than my 35 mm f2 chrome ring "H Zuiko", but the fotografic results are (on
>  my opinion) the same.
>
>  Ángel Lobo.
    I would certainly agree with you. If the coating really makes a
difference, it is only in a very limited way and probably only if the
photographer does not properly shield the lens from direct sunlight. I'm sure
some purists will take issue, however, IMHO after 40 years and many OMs,
Leicas, Hasselblads, Rolleis, and other assorted photographic machinery, I
really fail to see the difference if I have done my job properly (i.e., used
a proper lens shade). If the lens is in good condition, one should not
hesitate to purchase and use it regardless of MC or not.

Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com