Sv: [OM] cold weather & OM's

Subject: Sv: [OM] cold weather & OM's
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 20:38:51 +0100
Some years ago, I took my OM 4 Ti with me to Austria, going skiing. After a
day out in my backback at minus 10C, it went dead. As far as I remember,
the shutter opened and stayed open for several hours until the camera came
back to life. My F280 flash was lifeless, too, for a while.

I had that in mind when I the year after went to Norway, doing cross
country skiing. I brought my OM 1 N and a Gossen hand meter for incident
light reading, which is the better way of deciding the exposure with snow,
I think.
Everything worked perfect and I got very nice pictures of old wooden farm
houses in the snow and stuff.

So my advice is: if you are going to very cold areas, bring an OM 1 or OM
3, at least as a spare for an OM 2 or 4.

Lars Bundesen