RE: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?

Subject: RE: [OM] More info on Prototype Zuikos?
From: Olaf Greve <Ogreve@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 23 Nov 1999 11:22:51 +0100
Hi,

> << I wonder what else will turn up with more looking at the
> early brochures?

Hold on, as here comes another interesting installment, taken from a Dutch
book called something like "Het Olympus reflex boek" (i.e. "The Olympus
reflex book"), of which the first edition was printed in 1976:

> Maybe I (or someone else) already posted this, but "Manuale Olympus" by
> Giulio Forti (1977) has a 50mm f/2 F.Zuiko.  It is of pancake proportions
> and the photo shows serial number 100001.

Now here it gets interesting, as the above mentioned book has a picture of a
35/2.8 Shift which has either the same serial number (i.e. 100001) or it was
10001 (I'm not certain whether there were 3 or 4 zeroes, but I think 4). To
further add to that: the lens is marked "M-system" instead of OM-system, so
this looks like a hot item for all the M-1 owners :)))

Cheers!
Olafo