Re: [OM] Scanners & film

Subject: Re: [OM] Scanners & film
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 22 Nov 1999 06:24:51 -0700
At 11:58 PM 11/21/99 -0800, you wrote:
>I've been reading some threads about inexpensive desktop scanneres and
>just wanted to add a note about trans film.  Presently I'm using a
>Minolta Quick Scan 35 Plus at home and we have a Poloroid Sprint Scan
>Plus and a couple of 4000's in my studio.  There are two of us who
>continuously use the scanners in the studio. (another partner had a
>Nikon 2000 but he left and took it with him).  Ok, this is what we have
>dicovered in our own independent analysis.  None of our scanners
>(including a UMAX Powerlook III flatbed) can scan Fuji Provia
>(especailly at a half stop under!) nor do they work well with Fuji
>Velvia.  We asked some other photograhers and recived the same
>independent analysis.

Bizarre.  I've scanned both Provia and Velvia (the former at as much as a stop
under-exposed) on my SprintScan 4000, and I've never noticed any problems.  A
number of the scans I have up in my sub-section of the Olympus Gallery are on
Velvia or Provia.

Garth

"A bad day doing photography is better
 than a good day doing just about
 anything else."

The Unofficial Olympus Web Photo Gallery at:

   http://www.taiga.ca/~gallery/