[OM] Meteor shower ??

Subject: [OM] Meteor shower ??
From: Erwin Voogt <erwin.voogt@xxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 1999 08:18:27 +0100
Hi

Europe was at the right position during the predicted maximum of the
Leonids. However, the weather did not co-operate very well.
Nevertheless I was very lucky: at 2:50, just before the maximum, it stopped
snowing and the sky cleared. WOW! Between 2:50 en 3:20 there was no second
without a meteor! The maximum seemed to be around 3:10, with sometimes 5 or
more meteors visible at the same time in a small area of the sky. At 3:20 it
became cloudy again.
I didn't take any pictures, but some friends of my did. This was really a
great night.
Can't wait until 2033...

Bye,

Erwin Voogt
Utrecht, The Netherlands
(Observation location was on the fields near a town called 'Ede'. Still not
very dark however. With 900 inhabitants per square kilometre Holland is not
an excellent country to practice astronomy...)