Re: [OM] Meteor shower ??

Subject: Re: [OM] Meteor shower ??
From: Garth Wood <garth@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 20:30:27 -0700

Gary Edwards wrote:

> Well, I saw meteors - maybe a dozen in the hour I was out (0200-0300 CST,
> 0800-0900 UTC).  Three OM-1s on tripods with 21/3.5, 24/2.8, and 28/2.8, all
> wide open and looking for minutes at a time.  Film's back; I got one faint
> streak and an odd double meteor-looking thing in another frame.  Should have
> been farther away from the Dallas lights, but it was a nice night, clear and
> in
> the low 60s (F that is) (Eat your heart out, Garth :-)).

**HEAVY SIGH**

The greatest injustice of all is that, early Thursday morning (around 6:00 A.M.
or
so), the clouds over Edmonton broke and the dawn was beautiful, severe clear,
and
cold.  And of course, already too light to see anything 'cept blue sky.

Why the Hell couldn't Mr. WeatherGod do that twelve hours *earlier*?

Garth