Re: [OM] Olympus ES-10S Scanner

Subject: Re: [OM] Olympus ES-10S Scanner
From: George A <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 18 Nov 1999 22:49:14 -0800
Dave;

Dave Bulger wrote:

> George,
>
> You must have been at Lackland or Brooks.  They both have "no windows"
> facilities.

I can't say any more or I'd have to shoot you when we meet! :>)

> I've actually got every thing Nanci Griffith ever put out.  Unique voice.
>  I love it.  Yep!  We'll put on some Nanci or Robert Earl Keen, teach you
> Yankees that Mexican food has *nothing* to do with Taco Bell!

Yeah, yo quero my a..

> Actually, I'm not the one returning the ES-10.  That was another listee.

Oops

>  Other than the crappy software Olympus put out to drive it, I'm very happy
> with all of the scans other than the canyon.  Perhaps I'm being unrealistic
> in my expectations, but I expect to get much closer to the prints (that
> have MUCH more detail and less contrast) that I have to date.  I'm just
> learning the scanning thing, however.

Well, you certainly should come close to the prints I'd agree. If the
paper can see it, the scanner should too. Do you happen to have a
flatbed scaner too?  Then you could scan the print itself.  I've been
doing that with my 8x10 cibachromes with great results.  But it came to
the point where I didn't want to wait until I printed a slide to scan
it, so I broke down and bought the Polaroid (which has kinda crappy
software too, doncha know.) I also plan to scan some of the trannies at
max resolution with the intent of getting some laser prints made. Maybe
even some squirt prints (Giclee).

George