Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))

Subject: Re: [OM] Cosina 2000 (was "OM2000"(was "The New Kid On The Block"))
From: "Ian A. Nichols" <I.A.Nichols@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 17 Nov 1999 11:15:21 +0000 (GMT)

On Fri, 12 Nov 1999, Jim Lawler wrote:

> the OM 2000 "wasn't even manufactured by Olympus at all. Instead it is a
> slightly patched design from and made by Cosina."
>
> Does this have any impact on the Oly faithful? And what is know about
> Cosina in general?

Well, I'd certainly consider one as a spare body, and would probably
have one if I hadn't found an OM2 SP for less than the price of a new
OM2000.  But then, my reason for getting the 2 SP was because it had
spot metering.

As for Cosina generally, I still think their CT1a (and to a lesser
extent CT1g) were pretty good beginner's SLRs.  The one I used for a
couple of years even survived the frozen wastes of Scotland in Winter
and still worked.  OK, it was only November, but it was Damn cold on
that motorcycle, and I've just been reminded of OM owners rule #1:
always carry spare batteries (at least that Cosina would take flash
pictures without a battery).

|  /  | |/-\  |                      Ian A. Nichols                    |
|  \-/| |  /  |                  i.a.nichols@xxxxxxxxxx                |
|             *                    iann@xxxxxxxxxxxxx                  |