[OM] (Fwd) OM40vOM-2n

Subject: [OM] (Fwd) OM40vOM-2n
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:20:20 +0000
From:          Reynolds Paul <PReynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
To:            "'owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx'" <owner-olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Subject:       OM40vOM-2n
Date:          Tue, 9 Nov 1999 11:51:25 -0000

Ranjan Ghosal wrote:

> Have been thinking getting about an OM-2n or an OM-PC
> from KEH.  I would be glad to hear from you about the pros/cons of these
two
> bodies.

If he would like to E Mail me off line I can send some archive info that
Keith Berry kindly sent me a while back on the OM40.

I have recently bought one which at the moment is OK apart from a winder 2
not working it, which I think is the fault of the individual camera rather
than generic one. I find the ESP metering useful.  Circuit boards may or may
not be available - depends who you ask. Rumour has is certain cameras can
eat batteries - too early for me to comment.Film window seal can let light
in if perished, touch wood mine seems OK. I saw one second hand one where
the window was taped over although the foam seemed OK. For the money (£70 to
£80 in the UK) I feel they are good value, if you can get a reasonable
guarantee (6 or 12 months?).

Can't comment on the OM2n.

Paul Reynolds
EMail: preynolds@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
This email transmission is confidential and intended for the addressee
only. It may contain privileged and confidential information. If you
are not the person or organisation to whom it is addressed, you must
not copy, distribute, or take any action in reliance upon it. If you
have received this message in error, please notify us immediately by
telephone or email Postmaster@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx and return it.

Carillion PLC Registered in England No. 3782379
Registered Office:
Construction House Birch Street Wolverhampton WV1 4HY