Re: [OM] Lens suggestions

Subject: Re: [OM] Lens suggestions
From: "Giles" <cnocbui@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 12 Nov 1999 00:14:02 +0000
Firstly, I would go for the Zuiko 135mm f2.8 rather than the f3.5.  A lovely
lens
IMO - sharp enough but really shines in terms of contrast and has nicer than
average
bokeh.

I doubt you could go wrong with the Kiron zoom.  Some of the Vivitar zooms are
probably re-badged Kirons.

You might also like to consider a couple other Kirons - to quote from Gary
Schloss
- >>>
Kiron 28-210mm F4-5.6 (big and heavy, but VERY solid, and VERY
fine optically).

IMHO, the best Kiron in this range is the 70-200/f4. It usually has
zoom lock, and the more upscale version also has focus lock (that's
the one I have). A very sharp lens -- with an added benefit of a
non-rotating front element. The ZL/FL model if mint will probably
be priced in the $130-140 range.
<<<

Regards

Giles