Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF

Subject: Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF
From: "Hans van Veluwen" <mail@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 10 Nov 1999 15:58:29 +0100
: In Houten I have also bought a mysterious item. It was a so called F7P
: macro cord, with on one end a plug fitting into the F280 socket and on
: the other end a 2.5mm plug as for the early motor drive or winder. So
: only two wires in that cable are used. Anyone knows what this is?
: I haven't tried it, but it seems to be a release-only facility for the
: flash - but for what purpose?

Now let me see, what does the e-SIF have to say about it?
<click, click, click-click>
http://www.veluwen.demon.nl/om-sif/flashphotogroup/macro_cords.htm
Ah yes, I knew I've read about it. I even recall mailing to this List a few
months
ago, to no avail, so I mailed to Oly Japan and they solved the mystery, or so I
thought.
It and its counterpart the T5P Macro Cord (for the T32) are intended for the
OM-707, and allow this camera to use smaller apertures than F4, which is
otherwise
always selected.
Because I have never seen one of these cords, and Oly Japan failed to send me a
picture or a description of their looks, I just assumed they looked just like
the
ordinary Shoe Cords, and used the picture of the Shoe Cord F in the e-SIF.
But you say it has a jack plug? Mystery re-enters. The OM-707 doesn't have an
auxiliairy flash socket, does it? Does the cord look like it's modified? Or
maybe
a part is missing - the part that goes into the camera shoe, having a socket,
and
allowing you to use either the T5P or the F7P Macro Cord?

H@nz