Sv: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF

Subject: Sv: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF
From: "LARS BUNDESEN" <lars.bundesen@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 9 Nov 1999 22:59:50 +0100
Hi,

I have an old OM 1 booklet that among the wellknown lenses mentions a
300/6.3 and a 400/4.5 lens, both of these with dimensions, construction,
filters size etc.
There is a picture of the fast 400 mm among all the other lenses, too, I
think (it's a bit difficult to see what is what in such a group photo).

I how oftened wondered why I have never seen any of these lenses mentioned
anywhere, but it seems they didn't make it beyond the prototypes.

Lars

----------
> Fra: Skip Williams <skipwilliams@xxxxxxxxx>
> Til: olympus@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
> Emne: Re: [OM] Vapour-Zuikware info @ e-SIF
> Dato: 9. november 1999 21:10
>
> Great info.  I wonder if anyone of those lenses every went on the open
> market?  It doesn't seem like much non-released Olympus gear crept out of

> the halls of Maitani un-noticed.
>
> Does anyone know of any prototypical type of equipment?
>
> Skip
>

> At 11/9/99 05:50 PM  +0100, you wrote:
> >Yes dear Zuiks & Zuikettes, OM-lovers ;) all over the world,
> >
> >Last Sunday at the camera show in Houten Olaf and I picked up some early

> >Olympus
> >documentation containing some interesting units that were under
> >development and
> >prototyped but never marketed.
> >The early print (January 1973) of the Manual For Zuiko Interchangeable
Lenses
> >Group contains pictures and technical data of the 300mm/F6.3 and
> >400mm/F4.5 super
> >tele photo lenses, and some teasers of lenses that were 'under
development':
> >500mm/F5.6, 800mm/F9 and 1200mm/F14.
> >The book The World of OM-Systems (2nd edition, 1977) contains a picture
of a
> >prototype of the automatic Tilt/Shift bellows, together with a prototype

> >of the
> >135mm/F4.5 macro lens.
> >I've added the pictures and specifications of the two lenses to the lens
photo
> >group and the picture of the bellows to the macrophoto group, at the
bottom of
> >these pages.
> >
> >Of course, it was never proven that Olympus cancelled these units. Like
> >Imagek's
> >EFS-1, the just *may* still be under development... ;) Meanwhile, it
makes me
> >wonder what happened to the prototype units that were used for the
> >pictures. Say,
> >you don't think they are now resting in some vault in Utrecht, do you?
;)