Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80mm f2.8 Zoom - Front barrel wobble?

Subject: Re: [OM] Zuiko 35-80mm f2.8 Zoom - Front barrel wobble?
From: GPaul64@xxxxxxx
Date: Mon, 8 Nov 1999 05:42:30 EST
In a message dated 11/7/99 8:08:55 PM Eastern Standard Time, cstrat@xxxxxxxxx
writes:

<< Anyone know anything about wobble in the frontmost barrel of this lens? I
have
 one that seems to have about 0.5 mm of play in it, and have heard second-hand
 reports that this much and more play is common in these lenses.

 A design 'feature'?
 A defect?
 Likely to affect images?

 An inquiring mind wants to know!

 Thanks
 Chip Stratton
 cstrat@xxxxxxxxx

HI Chip,

There is a very small amount of play in my 35-80, but I don't know if it's
even as much as .5mm.   It's just enough that it's not 100olid.

For my sample, I can't imagine image quality being any better.   In terms of
mechanical quality, I think this lens is among the finest in the world.

Regards,

Greg Logiodice
Nyack, NY
<A HREF="http://www.gplphotography.com/";>Photography by G. P. Logiodice</A>