Re: [OM] ...OT ... Apollo 13....

Subject: Re: [OM] ...OT ... Apollo 13....
From: ClassicVW@xxxxxxx
Date: Sun, 7 Nov 1999 09:45:50 EST
In a message dated 11/07/1999 0:26:30 AM EST, clairetm@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx writes:
> Watched  "Apollo 13" on video..... for the second time...... Anybody know
>  where I can get a good true story account of that intriguing event  ?

There should be books available in a large bookstore, I would think, since we
are approaching the 30th anniversary of that accomplishment. Several were
written for the 25th. It definitely is covered in "A Man on the Moon" the
book from which the HBO miniseries " From the Earth to the Moon" was taken.
This is available in paperback. Commander Jim Lovell also wrote a book (for
the 25th anniversary, I believe) whose title escapes me. There also were
several documentary type programs shown on Discovey Channel, etc. Try a
larger video store chain.
One was called "Moonshot" which covered the entire race to the moon.

Good Luck
George S.