Re: [OM] northern lights

Subject: Re: [OM] northern lights
From: "R. Wastell" <rrww@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 31 Oct 1999 16:14:14 -0900
I have had good success  using Fuji 800 print film at f4 with exposures from
15-90 seconds using focal lengths from 28mm to ~70mm. One example can be
seen on the Olympus List Gallery. For a fairly comprehensive overview of
aurora photography - and a wonderful collection of images - try this URL
http://www.ptialaska.net/~hutch/aurora.html

You may want to try using the manual bulb setting with a locking cable
release instead of letting the OM-4 do the work. Even in the recent fairly
mild, for Fairbanks, temperatures (minus 3 F last night) your batteries will
not last long if they have to hold the shutter open.

Bob Wastell
rrw@xxxxxxxxxxxxx