Re: [OT] Re: googleplex was Re: search engines was RE: [OM] exposure f

Subject: Re: [OT] Re: googleplex was Re: search engines was RE: [OM] exposure for planets etc
From: "John A. Lind" <jlind@xxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 29 Oct 1999 23:14:22 +0000
Hmmmm,
I wonder if the bank asked if he wanted exact change when he cashed it?

I think a mere googol is the goal for a number of people in our world
today; don't think they'll make it but they're trying very hard:
  1.  Bill Gates with dollars
  2.  The creators of Pokemon with the number of monsters
  3.  The sellers of Pokemon cards on eBay with bids (at least until the
fad goes away)

Recent failures:
  1.  The creators of Beanie Babies with the number of beanies including
Teenie Beanies (which is why I predict Pokemon will not succeed)
  2.  McDonalds with the number of people standing in line to buy Happy
Meals for the teenie versions of #1.

Of course if someone ever claims to give you a googol <insert favorite
currency here> then don't count it!  Take a sample, measure its volume,
count the quantity in the sample and estimate value of the total volume.
With that much who cares if its short Pi or maybe "e" shekels (the IRS
maybe; perhaps with only the tax owed).

-- John