Re: [OM] pinhole OM & Traffic in National Parks (was "eat your heart ou

Subject: Re: [OM] pinhole OM & Traffic in National Parks (was "eat your heart out..."
From: "John Hermanson" <omtech@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 15:24:19 -0400
Model Railroader Magazine did an article a few years ago, demonstrating how
to install a pinhole diaphragm inside a lens at nearly the same plane as the
regular diaphrag,.  It was made of shim brass and suspended on spider legs
in front of the blades.  When the lens was wide open,  light would pass
around the pinhole setup and allow you to compose.
When  you took a picture (always with the lens set to f16),  the auto
diaphragm would close and only the pinhole would let light through.  I set
up a 28  and 35 f2.8 with this  and it can even be used with ttl flash  (you
have to use atleast 2 T32s at once at close range).    Depth of field was
extremely wide and focusing in the traditional way is unecessary.

John
Camtech, Olympus Service since 1977.
21 South La. Huntington, NY 11743
516-424-2121,  http://www.zuiko.com