RE: [OM] olympus contacts

Subject: RE: [OM] olympus contacts
From: appleb@xxxxxxxxxx
Date: Wed, 27 Oct 1999 08:32:34 -0400
Not as simple as you might think.  A competitor might be able to figure out what
goes into the lens, but it is that much harder to figure out how to make what
goes into the lens.  Determining the properties of the glass is one thing,
figuring out how to make glass with the same properties is another.

end

Regards

Bruce Appelbaum

"Any significantly advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic."

Bruce wrote:

> Pardon me for being naive, but did you ever consider that
> Olympus would treat
> their lens design information as proprietary?

Although any competitor could purchase a lens and reverse engineer it if
they wanted to.

Wayne Harridge
Ivanhoe, Victoria, Australia
http://www.geocities.com/Paris/Louvre/6152/