RE: [OM] Film Scanners

Subject: RE: [OM] Film Scanners
From: Smoliga Nick Contr AEDC/SVT <Nick.Smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Fri, 22 Oct 1999 12:48:09 -0500
Nominal system voltages (i.e., 240, 220, 230, 440, 480, 550, etc.) often
vary from actual voltages. In my other life in electrical power, I've seen
some 480-V systems that ranged from around 400-V at the machine terminals
and others that ranged as high as 550-V. Plus or minus ten percent is
considered normal. Since the solid state power supplies in electronics
equipment reduce the AC line to  DC, then condition it to get the
low-voltage DC used to power the semiconductor circuits, the difference
between 50-cycles and 60-cycles is not important. Getting the input voltage
right within about 15 percent is usually good enough.

Nick Smoliga
smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SvT TF12 - Investment Projects
931.454.6947