RE: [OM] Sigma lenses

Subject: RE: [OM] Sigma lenses
From: "Brian P. Huber" <bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 10:12:50 -0400
Dirk,
Have you ever tried an OM T-32 flash?  These cover to 24mm!  STANDARD. Add
the wide angle attachment to cover 21mm!  If you're using OM-2, the Olympus
310 also covers to 24mm.
Also, Vivitar 5600 with fresnel attachment covers  28mm to 105mm as does the
Series 1 model 600, both are TTL compatible with OM.
Same holds true with the DX36 from Sunpak.   It, too, covers to 28mm with
wide/tele adapter.

Manual flashes such as Vivitar 283, 265 and 365 flashes also have optional
adapters to get to at least 28mm, some adapters will also get to ~21mm.
These same adapters will also fit on Vivitar 3700, 4600 and 5600 standard
heads which normally cover 35mm.   The adapter is called LF-1.

However, the 35 2.0 is a nice lens.

Brian P. Huber

Troy, OH
bphuber@xxxxxxxxxx

snip:
<I may have to save up to get a zuiko 35mm f/2.0 since no one else makes a
reasonably fast (and good) 35mm lens. Most flashes only cover a maximum of
35mm, hence the need for this lens. I have lots of pictures taken with a
28mm and flash where only the center part is illuminated - oops! slip of
the nuerons there!>