Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1198

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1198
From: Dirk Wright <wright@xxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 19 Oct 1999 08:22:12
At 09:05 AM 10/19/99 +0800, you wrote:

>I tend to use the EOS-3 for candid shots where I find fast AF useful. My
>Olympus OTOH, is used when I know what I'm going to shoot is more "static" or
>slow moving where I can take my time to focus and compose, etc.

Me and my wife shot a bunch of horse races a couple of weeks ago with
manual focus cameras. I prefocussed and set the exposure and waited for the
horsies to come around the bend and fill the frame before I released the
shutter. Granted, all the other "pros" there had N*k*n Fbazillion with
fancy motor drives and 400mm f2 lenses, but I managed to get a few good
shots. That's all you can hope for really.

Be seeing you.

Dirk Wright