Re: [OM] OM2, OM4 meter patterns

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2, OM4 meter patterns
From: "W. J. Liles" <wliles@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 18 Oct 1999 19:06:41 -0500

> I am not a native English speaker and my English is very poor, I apologize
> for anything I said wrong or improper here.
>
> C.H.Ling

Mr(?) Ling

Your English is excellent and you have no need to appologize.  The
problem with this form of communication is that there is no way to see
the other fellows face and hear his voice.  The subtilties are lost.
What would be easily accepted in person may be easily misunderstood as
abrupt or impertinent when read off a computer screen.

I speak only English (southern American actually) and I'm terribly
impressed by anyone who is multilingual.  I find it wonderful that we
are able to communicate at all much less this easily.  Imagine what we
do as a routine on this list.  It's wonderful.  Don't give up on us
language handicapped.

Thanks
Jerry Liles
Monroe, Louisiana, USA