Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter

Subject: Re: [OM] OM2 w T-32 was (Fwd) OM-2 Meter
From: "Charles Loeven" <cpl49@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 17:07:48 -0700
Two more things about the OM2 not the OM2n with the T series flashes.
                          =====  And then some ======

1- If the flash gives insufficient light the shutter will stay open
until there is sufficient light.  A plus in my book.  Not on the OM2n.

2- If the meter says 1/60 and you think you need flash, the OTF reading at
the instant of exposure may not agree so it is better to set the aperture
for 1/30 or slower to make sure the flash fires.

And remember as John H said, set the camera to X.
It does not do this automatically with the OM2, only the OM2n.

I have been using the OM2 and a T-32 with auto connector and auto cords
with a Stroboframe bracket for some years now.
This is a very accurate system and with a winder 2 it is a joy.

Use strong or fresh batteries!
BTW, I have an older OM2 with the center weighted meter pattern.
It would be interesting to match results with the newer pattern.

Film-Flash-Fun
Charlie L.