[OM] ADITL

Subject: [OM] ADITL
From: Robinsnes@xxxxxxx
Date: Thu, 14 Oct 1999 11:11:07 EDT
    Why does it bother some that George may make some changes in brightness
and contrast in putting things on the web? Monitors are different, scanners
are different, individual components in the process of web publication render
things differently. When you go to your lab, each printer will render the
same negative a little differently. If it is your intent to retain it exactly
as is, you send a guide print and say "copy this for color and density." If
you wish to have this done for your submissions, than this should accompany
your submission. Even so, each person viewing the site will see it
differently because of his monitor. If one needs an exact rendition, he must
look at the original.
    George, you are doing a great job. Feel free to make any changes
necessary in my submissions in brightness or contrast as I do understand that
a monitor is not the same as the negative or slide that I have scanned.
    Thank you

Roger Skully
robinsnestphotography.com