Re: [OM] Critique and ADITL

Subject: Re: [OM] Critique and ADITL
From: "George M. Anderson" <george@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Wed, 13 Oct 1999 09:42:31 -0700
Olaf et al;

First, I want to say that I really liked the fountain photo. And I liked
the digitally 'enhanced' one better.

As for the legitimacy of enhancement in particular for ADITL, I agree
with Olaf, ONLY brightness, contrast, color tuning and image cropping
should be used.

In fact, I just did some work on the ADITL2 page (No, not posted yet)
and I enhanced the contrast on a couple of the images.

I need to ask a question about doing this:

Does anyone mind if I enhance contrast/brightness to get the image to
look better to me on my monitor?  If so, speak now.  In ADITL1, I
basically assumed that the way it was sent was the way it should be
presented and got no complaints.  But some of the images are much
improved by a click or 2 of contrast addition, at least IMHO.

Please let me know how you all feel.

George