Re: [OM] Spam & Majordomo

Subject: Re: [OM] Spam & Majordomo
From: Frank van Lindert <Frank.van.Lindert@xxxxxxx>
Date: Tue, 12 Oct 1999 14:40:13 +0200
On Tue, 12 Oct 1999 06:47:35 EDT, ClassicVW@xxxxxxx wrote:

>In a message dated 10/11/1999 9:19:49 PM EST, keith_r.k.berry@xxxxxxxxxx
>writes:
>
>> Won't that generate MORE postings about spam?
>>  I don't understand all this fretting about it --- whether it's spam,
>>  astrophotography or SUVs, on Outlook Express it's just Delete ....
>
>I agree with Keith. I think everyone is insulted that we're getting this
>spam, but in reality, what is it, 3 or less or something like that per month?
>Not really a crisis yet, IMO. Delete and move on, (IMO again).
>
>George S.

I agree too. Nowadays I delete 950f all list messages without
opening them and I am sure the majority of the list members will do
the same (which means you had better choose a very appropriate subject
line for your posting!!)
The interesting (or promising) 5% takes enough time to be read and
sometimes replied to - but even this small fraction gives me enough
pleasure as I am expecting from the list.

But I realize that only people with a permanent Internet connection
will talk this easily. It is really different when you have to pay for
your connection per minute - as many people here in Europe have to.
All spam, suv and messages like this one will have to be paid for,
even when being deleted immediately

Frank.