Re: [OM] Tamron 500mm Mirror lens - focussing screen

Subject: Re: [OM] Tamron 500mm Mirror lens - focussing screen
From: Frank Ernens <fgernens@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 10 Oct 1999 21:25:59 +1000
Giles wrote in answer to Brian

> Either the 2-13 or 2-4 screen.  The first is essentially a brighter
> version of the standard 1-13 screen.

Surely the split image rangefinder in the 2-13 would still black
out. The matte part of the 1-13 screen is bright enough for that
lens; I have used it often.

> The 2-4 has no focussing aids and is all matte with a circle
> indicating the spot metering area.

Yes, the 2-4 (or 1-4N) is the one. The 1-10, which has a grid,
would also be suitable, since the centre is marked by a
gridline intersection. The two versions of the 1-4 are usable
with this lens (I have one) but their circles are bigger than the
spot meter area.

Brian: check that the rear (30.5mm UV) filter on your lens is
present and clean. You have to remove the adaptor to get to it.