RE: [OM] ...loupe basics 101...

Subject: RE: [OM] ...loupe basics 101...
From: Smoliga Nick Contr AEDC/SVT <Nick.Smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Date: Mon, 4 Oct 1999 08:47:20 -0500
The resolution (fine detail) in a print or negative is limited by the grain
in the film, or by how well the camera (or enlarger) lens was focused on the
object in question. How a print reproduced in a magazine or by a computer
printer looks is limited by the many little dots that make up the picture.
Take your magnifier and look at some typical negatives, magazine, newspaper,
and computer (ink jet, dot matrix, laser, dye-transfer, or whatever)
reproduced photographs.  A few minutes of looking and comparing is worth
many hours of reading email.   For an analogy, consider the differences
between traditional oil paintings (late 18th, early 19th century, sharp
detail) and impressionistic art (late 19th century little dots of color make
up a picture, as you get closer the dots become apparent).

Nick Smoliga
smoliga@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
SvT TF12 - Investment Projects
931.454.6947