Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1175

Subject: Re: [OM] Re: olympus-digest V2 #1175
From: Jay Maynard <jmaynard@xxxxxxxxx>
Date: Sun, 3 Oct 1999 05:53:22 -0500
On Sun, Oct 03, 1999 at 12:45:57AM -0700, Bob Heater wrote:
> I'm new to the list.

Hi there...

> My question is, has anyone here had experience with Abilene Camera Repair?
> I'd appreciate any input on them.

Before I discovered this list and John Hermanson of Camtech, a frequent
contributor, I'd bought a gold level rebuild package from them on eBay. They
did a bang-up job on my original OM-2, stripping it down to the frame and
rebuilding. The camera had some small amount of corrosion inside, but they
were able to clean all of that up completely, even following my wishes to
have as much of the camera as possible remain original because of its
sentimental value to me (it was one of the few items I had left from my
parents' camera store in the late 70s). They spent something like 20 hours
of tech time on the job. I wouldn't hesitate to send them another job, as
long as it wasn't an Olympus - and that only because John _is_ a frequent
contributor here, and a valued member of the community. (He has an OM-4 of
mine as I type.)

One request, though: Could you please set your line wrap to 75 characters or
so per line? Some folks use systems with software that makes reading long
lines difficult. Thanks...